Thursday, January 14, 2010

So much for blogging in Germany!

Well, I've been back from Germany for 10 days now. It's taken me a lot longer to get back into the groove of things than I anticipated.

1. Jetlag last a good five days. Jacob was up and ready to play at 4am, it's a good thing I had to foresight to go to bed early as well.

2. I hate unpacking. Actually, Jacob's stuff is sitll not unpacked.

3. Separation anxiety. Jacob is very clingy and only wants me now. Which at first was endearing, now it's exhausting. I'm slowly working on it considering he's only 6 months old. I say goodbye when I leave the room (basically to pee), then I make a great deal of saying hello when I get back. He shrieks, but as soon as I'm back in sight, he's all giggles and smiles. Makes it really hard to get anything done.

4. He will not nap. I'm lucky to get 40 minutes a day. We are working on that one. I've resorted to picking up Nick at work to give Jake a change to sleep in the car. Not exactly the most frugal way.

Here are some pictures to enjoy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ok, ok, he will nap. But only on the boppy while nursing. If I get up to even try and move him to his crib, he wakes up.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
He's also sitting up on his own to play with his toys. Of course, he managed to bump his head in the tiny corner not covered by a pillow today.

Tomorrow, I'll post his 6 month pictures. I figure 15 days late is better than never!

No comments:

Post a Comment